NAMI WALKS YOUR WAY COLORADO
May 21, 2022 – We are still planning to walk come rain (or snow!) or shine. Nothing can stop us! #together4MH
Three things you can do to support NAMI and those we serve:
- Join as a member by clicking here. You can also renew your membership or forward the form to a friend or colleague.
- Make a donation and know that 100 percent of your funds go to support our advocacy, education, outreach and programs.
- Become an advocate and join our Colorado Advocacy Network and have your voice make a difference!
NAMI Colorado is the State organization for the National Alliance on Mental Illness, the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization. We are an alliance nationwide with 48 State Organizations and more than 600 local Affiliates.
Together, we can realize our shared vision of a nation where anyone affected by mental illness can get the appropriate support and quality of care to live healthy, fulfilling lives — a nation where no one feels alone in their struggle. Visit our Sharing Hope initiative, an in-depth set of empowerment tools to help shape how we talk about mental wellness in Black and African American communities.
NAMI Colorado Mission
“The mission of NAMI Colorado is to build communities of recovery and hope by educating, supporting and advocating for individuals affected by mental illness and their families.”
From Next Door To Across The State
Millions of American’s lives are impacted daily by mental health conditions. As a way to show support, NAMI participates in several annual mental health awareness events.
Our Public Policy Priorities cover the full spectrum of mental health. Click here for our one pager.
NAMI Colorado is also proud to share numerous bills that passed the State Legislator in 2021 including:
- HB21-1030 Expanding Peace Officers Mental Health Grant Program
- HB21-1068 Insurance Coverage for Mental Health Wellness Exam
- SB21-154 988 Implementation & Crisis Response
2022 is a robust session and NAMI is proud to support numerous bills including those on our 2022 CO SPA Day Issue Brief
- HB22-1214 Behavioral Health Crisis Response System
- HB22-1052 Promoting Crisis Services to Students
- HB22-1243 School Security & School Behavioral Health Services Funding
Click here to join our public policy committee.
View The Latest
Article reposted from Dr. John Torous and Sarah Logan (information on authors follows article) As any smartphone commercial will tell you, there is an app for everything — and mental